Wildflower Seed Balls
Growing wildflowers near the veggie garden will attract bees & butterflies. Bees & butterflies will help your veggie plants like tomatoes & peppers make more fruit by pollination of the flowers.
What you will need:
- A bowl for mixing
- 3 parts peat moss or coconut coir, 3 parts clay soil or compost, 1 part wood ash
- Handful of wildflower seed
What to do:
- Place all ingredients in bowl.
- Add water, a little at a time, until mixture sticks together when squeezed in your hand.
- Form mixture into balls the size of meatballs by passing a small amount back & forth between your hands, squeezing gently each pass till forms a tight ball.
- Place on a tray to dry overnite.
- Toss seed balls into areas of the yard that will not be disturbed or mowed. A ditch or swale by the edge of the street is a great spot.
With the help of spring & summer rains,
you should have wildflowers!!
Many will come back year after year.